Somewhat reproducible KDL: power_daemon in wait_for_objects()
|Reported by:||ttcoder||Owned by:||axeld|
Collected a lot of data over several weeks but here's the highlights..
- it takes just a few steps after boot-up to trigger this: open FileTypes, 4 Tracker windows and 4 Terminals in a certain order, then invoke "Restart computer".
- this bug occurs easily on this hrev (early PM), presumably because that particular hrev has a bug where it eats up 100% CPU in kernelland, which was fixed a few days later. Maybe the extra pressure exhibits an otherwise tricky bug ?
- this bug is VERY finicky and shy -- using the exact same steps on the same hrev but on a different computer (Asus F2A55M based) I completely failed (so far) in reproducing it over there as it does over here. Can post the list of steps I use if somebody wants to try them out but my guts tell me it will be very difficult for others to see this KDL :-/
- cold boot affinity: seems high.. This KDL is easy to reproduce after a cold boot, and sometimes you can get a "series" of KDLs at each bootup for a while. But once you break you lucky streek and get one trouble-free correct reboot, the thingie is gone and won't trigger any more.
- all in all, I'm wondering if this can be useful maybe in relating this to other, more annoying, KDLs? I look forward to some diagnosing with haiku devs on this, try to determine which component is at fault, and if this kernel panic could possibly be related to other ones, which are as difficult (or more difficult) to reproduce.. Or if to the contrary, I should stop working this one out and we can archive this because it's not useful in improving current/more recent hrevs..
Change History (11)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.