Opened 2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#8143 closed bug (fixed)

App Server Crash SSE Code while compiling Haiku while using vesa driver

Reported by: SeanCollins Owned by: axeld
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Servers/app_server Version: R1/alpha3
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: no Platform: All

Description

mmlr requested a ticket to be submitted about this issue, I am attaching the screen shot.

Attachments (1)

downsize.jpg (66.7 KB) - added by SeanCollins 2 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

Changed 2 years ago by SeanCollins

comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by SeanCollins

noted on AMD hardware 1090T 10h series cpu and also noted on AMD athlon k8 series family cpu.

typically happens browsing the internet with webpositive seems to more frequently incite the fialure. I have seen this occur with bezilla as well as QT browsers.

Version 2, edited 2 years ago by SeanCollins (previous) (next) (diff)

comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by yourpalal

This may have been fixed with hrev43673, could you retest with a new build?

comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by SeanCollins

Still not fixed. although no longer occurring when using a single core to build.

comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by korli

Which revision did you actually check?

comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by SeanCollins

a nightly from about 3 weeks ago, I am going to vigorusly test this over the next few days with the latest changes from Alex and see how it goes, If I can't reproduce the error within the week, I'd say its safe to close this. Following the email conversation with Ingo and Alex, there might be a bit more to it.
http://www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/R1a4-initial-planning,4

I will continue testing, however I think pending the outcome of that conversation, closing the ticket for now when I have spent several hours trying to recreate the crash might be a bit premature. So far, it looks fixed, but theres no guarentee that it is.

comment:6 Changed 2 years ago by SeanCollins

I've tested this very carefully. I have not seen this issue reappear. the work done by Kallisti5 seems to have resolved this particular issue. A need ticket needs to be opened but I need more screenshots to determine where the fialure is with enabling smp and getting app server and kernel crashs.

But I have not seen any more errors indicating SSE code comparatively speaking. I also don't get crashs compiling anymore. I am 99% certain this particular issue has been resolved, recomend marking as fixed.

comment:7 Changed 2 years ago by SeanCollins

This is fixed, even the smp problem goes away, but thats a different ticket and the fix is strange. Please close as fixed.

Last edited 2 years ago by SeanCollins (previous) (diff)

comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by korli

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.