|Version 2 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Package Management TODO
- Implement support for "shine-through" directories in a mounted packagefs.
- Extend packagefs to provide symlinks for base paths of packages and their dependencies (needed for dealing with packages that hard-code absolute paths).
- Work on tools to build Haiku packages in a clean chroot environment.
- Define packaging guidelines and create a tool to check packages those.
- Adjust build "recipes" for HaikuPorts packages as needed and build the packages.
- Extend packagefs to provide information about active packages to the tools that need it (e.g. the package solver).
- Implement the package solver (as Oliver proposed based on libsatsolver).
- Extend the package kit and the (CLI) package manager to support adding, removing, and updating packages. That probably also involves work on a server-side (i.e. repository) part.
- If necessary, add a caching mechanism to packagefs to speed up mounting it.
- Implement a GUI package manager.
- Make the
updatefeature of the build system usable again. Currently for anything in the
haiku.hpkgpackage the whole package has to be rebuilt, which takes a rather long time.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.