|Version 7 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
This page is a collection of API changes we intend to make as soon as we drop BeOS backward compatibility. Feel free to add comments concerning any API removal/change/addition to be done.
- Redo shared libraries: there should be one library per kit and corresponding names for each. (possible conventions are "libsupport.so", "libSupport.so", "libSupportKit.so")
- Replace BAutolock with a proper template based AutoLocker, like the one we have in shared already.
- convert_encoding_open() convert_encoding_close() with respect to UTF-8, #976 (or perhaps drop textencoding altogether and create a ByteArray class in the Support Kit that can handle encodings?)
- Derive BView from BLayoutItem and drop BViewLayoutItem.
- Create a model/view infrastructure for the column list view and OutlineListView. (maybe look at Qt's rejected Model/Views 2.0?)
- BAlerts should be layout-aware along with all other rich text views.
- All rich text views should accept HTML as input and as output.
- The API uses add_on and AddOn, but also addon - the latter should be faded out.