|Version 13 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Google Summer of Code Ideas for Haiku
Work In Progress: 2010
- Should be peripherary projects that will not affect any timelines for the project.
- Published ideas need at least one person willing to be mentor.
- Maybe we can mention which ideas require a mentor to be found ?
- Make sure every idea has a detailed explanation
- Create a list of small tasks -- or at least guidelines as the type of tasks that can be piggy-backed on another project
- Provide links to or at least mention:
- relevant parts of the source tree
- relevant chapters in BeBook
- existing bug tickets
- persons who can discuss the topic -- this is primarily for the admins, to help redirect inquiries.
- eg. NickName is currently on IRC or AnotherNickName reads the mailing lists.
- Non R1 tasks: http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/FutureHaikuFeatures
- TTY Layer
- Remote app_server -- user-friendly integration
- Finalize new driver architecture & rewrite drivers
- Updating & Utilizing RamFS
- detect available memory at boot.
- create drives based on some rules
- /tmp should be mounted as ramfs -- for both RW & RO medium
- create a true live cd experience.
- keep settings on ramfs.
- write to a secondary disk at shutdown or at 'sync'
- read imagefile from disk to ramfs at boot
- Filesystems: general improvements
- EXT, ReiserFS: write support
- UFS2: Read (& Write) support
- ZFS: Read (& Write) support
- Non-x86 Ports:
- Atari Falcon
- Improving POSIX support
- 3rd Party Applications
- Utilizing aspects of 3rd party software
- Creating Text Translators from OpenOffice
- Integrating software into Haiku -- updating to use layout manager, HVIF icons, Locale Kit, possibly becoming an actual part of Haiku's source tree and not a 3rd party addition.
- Native GUI for:
- Updating applications to use layout manager.
- Hardware profiling tool
- an application for creating a hardware database.
- Language bindings in SWIG
- Maybe something involving HaikuPorts?
- improving HaikuPorter to work more like FreeBSD's ports
- Jam build system enhancements.
- like what...? generic wrapper for autotools, makefiles. This would help intergrate existing projects into Haiku's source tree or 3rdparty folder
- Enhancements for Virtualization Software
- Universal Spell Checker, built upon the WordServices SDK. note: see Spill Chucker
- Improving QT4 port http://qt-haiku.ru/
See official page here: http://www.haiku-os.org/community/gsoc2009/ideas
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.