|Version 5 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Here is a list of tasks that need to be performed in order to migrate to Git. They are sorted by order of importance.
Phase 0: Absolutely required
- Collect a set of getting started docs to get people started. (No need to write our own, but a good list of references to prevent people from stumbling on more occult or outdated uses of Git)
- Codify a set of central repository guidelines (who gets to create new branches, tagging policy, no rewriting of history, etc).
- And implement these in a series of server hooks
- Go through everything on [dev/www].haiku-os.org and update instructions to switch to git
- Set up e-mail, CIA hooks
- Set up a mirror to github/gitorious
- Improve/check gitweb setup or move to cgit
- nielx - Write a plug-in for Trac to link to the gitweb/cgit changesets
- Update build-o-matic for Git
Phase 1: Equal functionality
- Improve TracGit (or homecooked plugin) for speed.
Phase 2: Icing on the cake
- Implement pulling and pushing patches to Trac
- Implement support for Git diffs in Trac
- Implement an autocommit feature
- Haiku GUI for Git (ports of git gui and gitk and a proper diff tool)
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.