|Version 7 (modified by 9 years ago) ( diff ),|
Here is a list of tasks that need to be performed in order to migrate to Git. They are sorted by order of importance.
Phase 0: Absolutely required
- zooey - Make svn-repository read-only
- zooey - Update git-repositories (buildtools, haiku) from svn one last time (happens automatically, triggered by cron)
- zooey - Make local backups of all git repos, just in case anything goes wrong
- zooey - Put new git repos in place and make them writable for committers
- zooey - Do a couple of test commits and back them out again
- Collect a set of getting started docs to get people started. (No need to write our own, but a good list of references to prevent people from stumbling on more occult or outdated uses of Git)
- Codify a set of central repository guidelines (who gets to create new branches, tagging policy, no rewriting of history, etc).
- zooey - And implement these in a series of server hooks
- Go through everything on [dev/www].haiku-os.org and update instructions to switch to git
- zooey - Set up e-mail, CIA hooks
- zooey - Do more test pushes (to test mails, cia) and back them out again
- zooey - Set up a pull-only mirror, pulling regularly from all three git repos (buildtools, haiku, vendor)
- Set up a mirror to github/gitorious
- Improve/check gitweb setup or move to cgit
- nielx - Write a plug-in for Trac to link to the gitweb/cgit changesets
- Update build-o-matic for Git
Phase 1: Equal functionality
- Improve TracGit (or homecooked plugin) for speed.
Phase 2: Icing on the cake
- Implement pulling and pushing patches to Trac
- Implement support for Git diffs in Trac
- Implement an autocommit feature
- Haiku GUI for Git (ports of git gui and gitk and a proper diff tool)
- kallisti5 Update haiku website documentation with git checkout (clone) steps
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.