|Version 4 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
WORK IN PROGRESS
How to Request Funding from Haiku Inc.
- Electronic Fund Transfers will incur costs at receiver's expense and may include bank fees and internal processing fees.
- PayPal is the preferred method.
- Submitting receipts or proofs of purchase is ideal -- either scanning, photograph, or snail mailing hard copies.
- When applicable, it is preferred to itemize requests into the following groups:
- Food stipend
- Conference Fees
For all payments, a blog entry/article/news post from the receiver is appreciated. This is to summarize how the funds were used to further Haiku.
- The developer creates & submits a proposal to either info@… or haiku-inc@…
- The BOD will review the proposal and make modifications as necessary.
- length of contract
- wage in USD
- specific area of development
- For new shows that have not received funding in the past, the following information is needed.
- Name of the conference.
- URL for additional information
- Duration of conference
- Fees directly associated with conference
- entrance fee
- Fees indirectly associated:
- Travel -- mileage, airfare
- A stipend of $17/day (aka $5, $7, $5) can be requested to assist with nutritional needs.
Purchases includes a variety of items: hardware, marketing materials, documentation, presentation equipment, ...,
- What the item is.
- Why you want it.
- eg, develop a driver
- eg, to use at trade shows
- eg, replace faulty hardware
- How much it costs.
- Where to ship it.
Custom Graphics for Hard Goods
Custom graphics to be used on hard goods, either for distribution or resale, are required to be released in license that allows Haiku Inc and the Haiku Project to freely re-use them. (Dis)allowing derivative works is at the author's choice. Examples from http://creativecommons.org/ include CC-BY-ND or CC-BY. The final graphics for use must be made available prior to receiving funding.