|Version 3 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Improvements since R1/Alpha1
Haiku R1 Alpha1 was released on September 14, 2009 as changeset:33109 This page outlines some of the more notable changesets since then. Additions and corrections are encouraged.
- Enabled font hinting in freetype,
- The patent for Freetype's TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER expired some time before Oct. 27, 2009.
- Note: subpixel rendering is disabled by default
- Various vendor software has been updated, most notably bash from 2.x to 4.x
- Locale kit merged to trunk
- Creation of a Localization team for translating the User Guide and other documents.
- Improved USB read/write times
- API/ABI Changes
- BJoyStick -- fixed a BeOS compatibility issue
- GCC 4 ABI changes that require apps to be recompiled
- Introduced library versioning
- WiFi merged into trunk from external repo
- As of 35515, drivers and if needed, associated firmware need to be added via UserBuildConfig
- Encryption is not implemented
- SpicyKeys integrated as Shortcuts
- Huge speedups -- specifically with compilation times.
- Many lock contentions have been improved
- Numerous code refactoring to kernel/VM subsystems
- Compile times of Haiku from within Haiku have greatly been reduced
- HDA on nvidia chipset improvements
- Haiku GCC4 can now be compiled directly on a 64bit Linux distro. GCC2 still requires the use of
- DriveSetup will now install a basic bootloader when partitioning a disk. changeset:33263
- changeset:33417 , changeset:33418 RemoteDesktop client
- initial commit changeset:34172
- basically working
- for proper intergration a UnionFS needs to be implemented, such that one can edit a file that has been inserted by a package (like config files).
- thorough testing required
- test packages need to be created
- Bug fixes galore