ARM image installer
|Reported by:||kallisti5||Owned by:||bonefish|
Fedora is doing something interesting with their ARM releases.
- User downloads a generic Fedora armhfp release
- (raw disk image compressed with xz) https://arm.fedoraproject.org/
- User installs fedora-arm-image-install tool package to system
- User runs fedora-arm-image-install --image=downloaded-release.img.xz --target=cubieboard --media=/dev/sdf
- Tool writes the generic image to the SD card, then customizes it as needed based on binaries within the downloaded os image.
- user boots sd card on ARM device.
- All supported Device Trees are included in the os image
- All u-boot images are included in os image
Since we already have device trees, we could start building a generic image that our tool could write to an sd card and then prep for boot.
We could do one ARM build (arm v7 likely), then be able to quickly test it on multiple devices without rebuilding over and over.