[DriveSetup] various issues
|Reported by:||diver||Owned by:||stippi|
|Blocked By:||#7930, #9108, #11641, #15634||Blocking:||#12405|
Description (last modified by )
In this video a user is very confused by DriveSetup and runs into all sorts of issues with it.
Here are some of the issues I spotted:
- <empty or unknown> should probably be renamed to Unallocated (done: hrev54869.
- it is not clear that "(Be File System)" in File system column means type and not actual file system (done: hrev54869).
- don't disable Format menu if a volume is mounted but can be unmounted (done: hrev54875)
- creating a bfs partition should format it to bfs at the same time (#15634)
- when creating a bfs partition Active partition flag is not set (https://youtu.be/2jdmcLHU3Vw) (#7930)
- Change parameters menu opens an error alert https://youtu.be/2jdmcLHU3Vw?t=416 (#11641)
Partitionning system problems (#9108):
- Intel Partition Map disappeared after reboot and became GPT instead (https://youtu.be/2jdmcLHU3Vw?t=1055)
- creating Partition Map recovered previous partitions instead of creating new layout (https://youtu.be/2jdmcLHU3Vw?t=1109)
creating a partition doesn't show "Active partition" checkbox (https://youtu.be/2jdmcLHU3Vw?t=493)it's expected, the drive was initialized with GPT which has no concept of "active partition"