Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#4003 closed bug (fixed)

GCC4 build break when building at -O1

Reported by: jprostko Owned by: bonefish
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Build System Version: R1/pre-alpha1
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: no Platform: All

Description

With trying to build Haiku with -O1 (set via BuildSetup) with GCC 4.3.3, the Bluetooth kit fails to compile with the following error:

C++ /boot/home/haiku/trunk/generated-gcc-4.3.3/objects/haiku/x86/release/kits/bluetooth/ConnectionIncoming.o Link /boot/home/haiku/trunk/generated-gcc-4.3.3/objects/haiku/x86/release/kits/bluetooth/libbluetooth.so /boot/home/haiku/trunk/generated-gcc-4.3.3/objects/haiku/x86/release/kits/bluetooth/ConnectionIncoming.o: In function `static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)': ConnectionIncoming.cpp:(.text+0x3c): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::Init()' ConnectionIncoming.cpp:(.text+0x5c): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is remedied by adding a $(TARGET_LIBSTDC++) to the src/kits/bluetooth/Jamfile.

I initially found this out, as the native Haiku GCC 4.4 I am working with encountered the same problem, but at -O2.

The GCC 4.4 port encounters similar issues at -O1 in two more files.

These are src/bin/locale/Jamfile and src/apps/cdplayer/Jamfile . They both need $(TARGET_LIBSTDC++) added to them as well.

Those could probably be ignored for now, but there's no harm fixing those files now as far as I can tell. Actually, on the haiku-commits' list, there was an issue raised about hrev30573 and there needing to be a $(TARGET_LIBSTDC++) added to the locale Jamfile. I am pretty sure this wasn't a mere coincidence to the break I noted on my 4.4 Haiku build.

By the way, GCC 2.95.3 has none of these issues, as I tested it as well. Also, if it was relevant, the last time I attempted this was at hrev30953 of Haiku.

Attached is one file that addresses all issues. I realize we may not want to touch the locale and cdplayer jamfiles until we actually use 4.4 officially (I'll see about getting that in the tree when 4.4.1 comes out later this month, if everyone's cool with that), so proceed as you see fit. It'd be good to at least get the bluetooth Jamfile fix applied though, as it is relevant to GCC 4.3.3.

By the way, I saw quite a few Jamfiles in the tree that exceed 80 characters across, but I edited these to make sure they are only 80 across. I'm not sure if the coding guidelines apply to the Jamfiles or not, but I assumed they did.

Attachments (1)

jamfiles.diff (1.2 KB) - added by jprostko 10 years ago.
Diff to fix optimization-related build-breakage

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (3)

Changed 10 years ago by jprostko

Attachment: jamfiles.diff added

Diff to fix optimization-related build-breakage

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by stippi

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Applied in hrev30979. Thanks a lot!

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by stippi

Forgot to mention... yes, it's definitely correct to fix Jamfiles for the chars/line limit, too! Thanks!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.