Opened 10 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#4813 closed bug (fixed)

Devices - SCSI vendor name

Reported by: miqlas Owned by: marcusoverhagen
Priority: low Milestone: R1
Component: Drivers/Disk Version: R1/Development
Keywords: Cc: dachaac@…
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: yes Platform: x86

Description

I have three IDE devices, one Maxtor, one Samsung, and one Plextor. The vendor names not displayed correctly. Check the shoots...

Attachments (5)

Maxtor.jpg (20.7 KB) - added by miqlas 10 years ago.
maxtor.jpg
Plextor.jpg (20.3 KB) - added by miqlas 10 years ago.
Plextor.jpg
Samsung.jpg (22.7 KB) - added by miqlas 10 years ago.
Samsung.jpg
listdev.txt (12.1 KB) - added by miqlas 10 years ago.
listdev -d output
bug4813_ata_inquiry_fix.patch (761 bytes) - added by dachaac 9 years ago.
Bugfix for ATADevice::Inquiry to byte swap according to ATA string conventions.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (17)

Changed 10 years ago by miqlas

Attachment: Maxtor.jpg added

maxtor.jpg

Changed 10 years ago by miqlas

Attachment: Plextor.jpg added

Plextor.jpg

Changed 10 years ago by miqlas

Attachment: Samsung.jpg added

Samsung.jpg

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by PieterPanman

I also noticed that one one machine... Please post the output of 'listdev -d'. Since I get the device attributes in the same way as listdev I expect there to be a problem in the ata/ahci driver.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by miqlas

I checked it in hrev35081. It is not fixed yet.

Changed 10 years ago by miqlas

Attachment: listdev.txt added

listdev -d output

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by PieterPanman

Component: Applications/DevicesDrivers/Disk
Milestone: R1R1/alpha2
Owner: changed from nobody to marcusoverhagen
Priority: normallow
Version: R1/alpha1R1/Development

Hmm, I looked around for a bit, but it seems to be a bug in the ATA or IDE driver, which sets this information in the kernel Device Manager (a component from which I get the information). I tried looking at where it might go wrong but this is over my head, and I have little time to spare for Haiku until I finish my Master's thesis in April. Therefore I'm reassigning to the right component, hopefully someone can pick it up.

Are you using the ATA or IDE stack?

Hope I set the ticket properties properly, please change if not.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by marcusoverhagen

Those names are byteswapped

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by PieterPanman

I figured something like that, but I was not able to find the source of the problem, and I don't have time at the moment to delve in further. Perhaps you can have a look, if you have time, that is?

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by miqlas

Sorry, i mistyped the name of my CD/DVD device. It is Pioneer, not "Plextor.jpg". :) Sorry.

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by stippi

Milestone: R1/alpha2R1

Not an alpha2 blocker.

Changed 9 years ago by dachaac

Bugfix for ATADevice::Inquiry to byte swap according to ATA string conventions.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by dachaac

Has a Patch: set

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by dachaac

In order to get all device strings properly into the upper layers mechanism for passing data from driver level to upper levels needs to be changed. But attached patch should fix the problem reported in this bug.

comment:10 Changed 9 years ago by dachaac

Cc: dachaac@… added

comment:11 Changed 9 years ago by korli

Applied in hrev38547. I let the bug reporter validate, I validated on QEmu.

comment:12 Changed 9 years ago by mmadia

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Closing ticket, based on input from IRC:

[19:45:06] <daChaac> mmadia, rev38611 vmware gcc2hybrid - scsi/vendor : "VMware V", scsi/product : "irtual IDE Hard"... eg. expected output.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.