Opened 10 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#4867 closed bug (fixed)

Remove "make", "mkdepend" from source tree, move to OptionalPackage:DevelopmentBase

Reported by: axeld Owned by: scottmc
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Applications/Command Line Tools Version: R1/Development
Keywords: OptionalPackage Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: no Platform: All

Description

The "make" binary is obviously part of the Development optional package, but is installed in /bin. It should be installed in /boot/common/bin.

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by axeld

"mkdepend" has the same problem, maybe others as well.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by mmadia

Component: - GeneralApplications/Command Line Tools
Keywords: OptionalPackage added
Summary: "make" is in the wrong folderRemove "make", "makedepend" from source tree, move to OptionalPackage:DevelopmentBase

From build/jam/OptionalPackages:

	# make and mkdepend build tool, which are part of the Haiku source tree
	# TODO: Both should be removed from the tree, made download packages
	# and moved to the DevelopmentBase package.
	AddFilesToHaikuImage system bin : make mkdepend ;

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by scottmc

Owner: changed from nobody to scottmc
Status: newin-progress

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by scottmc

I have created haikuporter .bep files for make and makedepend. I'll follow up later this week with proper OptionalPackages.

http://ports.haiku-files.org/changeset/1028 http://ports.haiku-files.org/changeset/1029

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by scottmc

I've run into a couple snags on this one. First is that makedepend != mkdepend, yeah I went down the line and found makedepend and then realized that Haiku doesn't use makedepend, but mkdepend... should have read the ticket closer. Anyways, I pulled the files from Haiku's tree and have saved a zip of it on HaikuPorts and created a .bep file that then builds the OptionalPackage for it. So mkdepend is set now. Next up was make, which looked to be easy. I built it, and then tried building it into Haiku and then rebooted. Turns out make pulled in the gettext/libintl I had installed, and which wasn't present on the new install. So looks like I need to take a step back on that one and build/patch it so that it doesn't need gettext and/or libintl. Must be a simple way as it's currently in Haiku that way. So I'll see how that was done and go from there. So for now this one is blocked by HaikuPorts ticket-414: http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/414

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by scottmc

Summary: Remove "make", "makedepend" from source tree, move to OptionalPackage:DevelopmentBaseRemove "make", "mkdepend" from source tree, move to OptionalPackage:DevelopmentBase

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by scottmc

Resolution: fixed
Status: in-progressclosed

Moved in hrev38813.

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by luroh

scottmc: to my admittedly untrained eye, it looks like you possibly may have forgotten to remove the source files in hrev38813.

Last edited 9 years ago by luroh (previous) (diff)

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by scottmc

Removed the source files in hrev38820.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.