Use "vmem" or a similar system for allocation of IDs
|Reported by:||mmlr||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
On the WebPositive svn/trac/build server, which is still running on a hrev35294 kernel, I've got this panic after an uptime of way over a month:
out of ports, but sUsedPorts is broken
Sadly I didn't have a working keyboard at that time so I couldn't really dig into why this happened. Since this machine is doing a clean WebPositive build on each new revision, including building the webkit parts and all generated stuff, besides hosting the WebPositive svn and trac and serving the nightlies, as well as being regularly ssh brute-force attacked, this machine is in rather heavy use. Due to the long uptime there might have been some resource that overflowed (like area ids or some such), though it shouldn't have happened quite that "quickly".