Problems with IP addressing that can be trigerred by using ifconfig
|Reported by:||atis.elsts||Owned by:||axeld|
|Component:||Network & Internet/Stack||Version:||R1/alpha2|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
Problem 1: losing connectivity due to incorrect routing table
- create interface alias with same IP address as some existing interface
- delete the alias interface or change its address
- now the old IP address cannot be pinged anymore, because the connected route has been deleted.
Problem 2: kernel panic due to incorrect routing table
- create interface alias with an IP address that has the same network part as some already existing address
- delete the interface alias
- try to ping the address that belonged to the removed alias
- kernel panic happens. The callstack shows find_route() function as the culprit.
Haiku version is R1/alpha2. I'm using the anyboot image with QEMU.