TCP connection does not work - solved
|Reported by:||hitech||Owned by:||axeld|
|Component:||Network & Internet/TCP||Version:||R1/alpha2|
|Keywords:||networking, tcp, telnet, surfing||Cc:||ahitech@…|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||x86|
I'm using the VMWare image, and had run into a strange problem with surfing and telnetting to web sites. The problem exists since R1a2, and I've experienced it in R1a2 official build and in R38627 nightly build; however, it does not exist in version R34784.
The problem is represented by the following behavior: I can ping and resolve just about any site on the Internet, but I can't browse to them or even telnet to them on port 80. The request is sent, but the answer is either not received or not treated properly.
- Pings are fine → that means at least UDP works.
- Using any browser to any site, both to the hostnames and to IPs → "Waiting for reply..." until timeout.
- Telnet to any site on port 80 → "Trying <Correct IP>..." until timeout.
- SSH to my account on Berlios.de or to my account at the university → No reply, then timeout.
- SSH to an invalid host → I receive a message "Could not resolve hostname" (which is correct, thus resolving works).
I'm using VMware Workstation 6.0.5 or VMware player 2.0.5.
Haiku versions which suffer from this problem are from R1a2 official to R38627 nightly including.
The output of tcpdump while trying to telnet to www.haiku-os.org on port 80.
Change History (10)
comment:8 by , 8 years ago
|Summary:||TCP connection does not work → TCP connection does not work - solved|