Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#7238 closed bug (fixed)

A Processcontroller About box font fix

Reported by: Karvjorm Owned by: nobody
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Applications/ProcessController Version: R1/alpha2
Keywords: Processcontroller localization Cc: Karvjorm
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: yes Platform: All

Description

Here is a title font fix for Processcontroller About box.

Attachments (3)

processcontroller-localization-update.patch (907 bytes ) - added by Karvjorm 9 years ago.
An updated ProcessController localization fix
processcontroller1.png (9.1 KB ) - added by Karvjorm 9 years ago.
Reason for the fix
processcontroller_r40558.png (51.6 KB ) - added by diver 9 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (10)

comment:1 by Karvjorm, 9 years ago

Has a Patch: set

comment:2 by Karvjorm, 9 years ago

Component: - GeneralApplications/ProcessController

comment:3 by siarzhuk, 9 years ago

	BString str1(B_TRANSLATE("ProcessController")); 
	BAlert *alert = new BAlert(B_TRANSLATE("about"), 
	        B_TRANSLATE("ProcessController\n\n" 
	                    "Copyright 1997-2001,\n"

Some remarks:

1) Variable names must be descriptive - this is the requirement of our coding guidelines. I found "str1" is not a descriptive one. May be "appName", "title", "name" make your code a bit better?
2) There is [theoretical] possibility to break the font style selection by translating first line differently than the beginning of the second line. So I preferred for my syslog_daemon changes using additional snprintf parameter during composing the Alert text. But, this one is not the case, I think - adding additional formatting call will make the code a bit complicate so actual version looks OK in this place. This is just for your information. ;-)

by Karvjorm, 9 years ago

An updated ProcessController localization fix

by Karvjorm, 9 years ago

Attachment: processcontroller1.png added

Reason for the fix

in reply to:  3 comment:4 by Karvjorm, 9 years ago

Replying to siarzhuk:

Some remarks:

1) Variable names must be descriptive - this is the requirement of our coding guidelines. I found "str1" is not a descriptive one. May be "appName", "title", "name" make your code a bit better?
2) There is [theoretical] possibility to break the font style selection by translating first line differently than the beginning of the second line. So I preferred for my syslog_daemon changes using additional snprintf parameter during composing the Alert text. But, this one is not the case, I think - adding additional formatting call will make the code a bit complicate so actual version looks OK in this place. This is just for your information. ;-)

I coded that patch a bit stupid. That str1 should have not used at all, as you can see about this updated patch.

br, Karvjorm

comment:5 by siarzhuk, 9 years ago

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Applied in hrev40558. Thanks.

comment:6 by diver, 9 years ago

Something is still wrong.

Last edited 9 years ago by diver (previous) (diff)

by diver, 9 years ago

in reply to:  6 comment:7 by siarzhuk, 9 years ago

Replying to diver:

Something is still wrong.

Fixed in hrev40559. Please check. Thank you for the pointing.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.