Some enchancements and fixing of the Devices application localization
|Reported by:||Karvjorm||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has a Patch:||yes||Platform:||All|
Localization has caused some problems in Devices application. Details tab can include English "Device name" and value "unknown" and at the same time a localized "Device name" with some quite reasonable text. I backed a little backward in localization and started to test, how those duplicate fields could be removed. I wrote a filter that work by some way. Still it is only a workaround, but could be used until someone have time to refactor the whole application.
As you can see in the enclosed figure, the scsi/vendor + scsi/product could combined to better "Device name" than "unknown" or the localized "Unknown device" is now. In my filter I tried the same ide, but it does not work quite correct yet. At present "Manufacturer" and "Device name" are already combined in device tree on the left ("Intel Corporation"+"82372AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI").
In the figure you can also see, that V from Virtual is clipped (it is at the end of scsi/vendor). It is a bug before the localization, I think.
Also, I enchanced code by adding handling of ACPI Battery (it is not quite complete but better than before). I added also DeviceUSB and DeviceSCSI code, but only USB code is compiled and is shown in ACPI only, I think.