Haiku needs IPv6 Duplicate Address Detection
|Reported by:||kallisti5||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Network & Internet/IPv6||Version:||R1/Development|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
When setting IPv6 addresses, we should do a Duplicate Address Detection.
Duplicate Address Detection goes as follows:
- Report to MLD well known multicast group (type 143)
- Announce that we are assigning an IP address via multicast.
- Send Neighbor Solicitation from :: (type 135)
- Let everyone in multicast group know which IP address we are assigning
- Listen for Neighbor Advertisement (type 136)
- Listen on the mutlicast group for neighbors on the requested IP address
- Leave multicast group if a duplicate address is found (type 143)