DVD file copy stalls at ca. 1 GB, pegs CPUs
|Reported by:||ttcoder||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
I've tried 4 times now: it does not matter if I use Tracker or Terminal & cp, can't copy big files from DVD. If I reboot to Windows the very same DVD works 100% so that would rule out a bad sector/faulty media I guess.
- after copying ca. 1 GB (roughly 50% of the 2 GB file), the DVD drive stops, its light switches off
- CPUs peg up, at ca. 60% usage. (if I try to immediately run another test, I eventually end up with 100% CPU usage).
- can't Ctrl-C the /bin/cp process
- can't kill it in ProcessController either.
- can't attach-for-debugging to it (after running Debugger), though that might just be me being a newbie with the new debugger.
I basically 'have' to reboot at this point, though apart from pegged CPU the system seems stable (I'm writing this in W+ without having rebooted yet).
The syslog includes a couple statements made with echo > /dev/dprint for clarity.