These are various large projects and other "hard tasks" that need to be completed (in no specific order). This is a great place to store your unicorn wishes.
Haiku WebPositive improvements
- WebKit 2 - Actively being worked on at https://github.com/haiku/haikuwebkit/tree/webkit2
- WebExtensions support - requires WebKit2, but otherwise should be a compile option away + some UI work.
Accelerated Hardware Virtualization
Should likely be one of the many accelerated API's supported by qemu...
- bhyve (FreeBSD native hypervisor (as alternative to qemu))
- nvmm (DragonflyBSD & NetBSD virtualization stack) - Looks promising as DragonflyBSD already extracted some of the OS-specific bits in a cleaner API.
Full IPv6 Support
- Somewhat implemented, more work needed
zeroconf Network printing Implementation ("AirPrint")
- Requires working mDNS, this should be done but more testing may be needed
- Needs zeroconf (also called bonjour) service discovery, either using mDNSresponder (https://opensource.apple.com/source/mDNSResponder/mDNSResponder-1310.140.1/) Or a costum implementation
- Kernel drivers needed
Hardware 3d acceleration
- Mesa project
- Creating a DRM compatibility layer
- Enabling DRM hardware access
- Adding DRM hooks to existing drivers
- Porting Linux modesetting drivers - Directly or through some reuse of *BSD compatibility layers
App Server multi-monitor support
- Some old drivers (Radeon, Matrox) already support output to multiple displays, but app_server still manages it as a single large screen
- API review needed: fill in the BScreen class and make sure it is used properly
- Keep working on our own driver, or attempt to port Linux ones? (Linux ones are huge, complicated, and not designed for portability)
- Porting a Linux modesetting driver would require major api changes
USB Audio Support
- Improvements around our generic USB audio driver, finishing support of USB audio devices
- Finishing BFS resize support https://review.haiku-os.org/q/topic:bfsresize
Advanced Power Management
- Support sleep/hibernation