|Version 12 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
This is a short index of the available package management related documentation.
- Package Management Infrastructure provides an overview of what components belong to Haiku's package management infrastructure and how they work and interact.
- Building Packages gives information on various aspects of the package building process.
- Boot Volume Directory Structure outlines the directory structure of a package management powered Haiku boot volume.
- Haiku Package File Format specifies in detail the file format of Haiku package files (HPKG) and Haiku package repository files (HPKR).
- Packaging Policy defines the policy for creating Haiku packages.
- Packages Status gives an overview of the packages needed for a Haiku standard build and their current status.
- TODO is a list of package management related work still to be done.
- Blog posts on package management (the Batisseur ones are only indirectly package management related).
- (Old) Package Management Ideas is a collection of thoughts and discussions regarding package management. It has been partially obsoleted by the progress on the package management implementation.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNZQQM5zU-Q&list=PL3FFCD4C6D384A302 is a video playlist of Ingo and Oliver explaining and demonstrating the package management branch at BeGeistert.
Below are link to source code related to Haiku's package management.
- HaikuPM and BuildtoolsPM are the github repositories containing the work in progress Haiku code.
- HaikuPorts contains the build recipes of various ports. There is a "package-management" branch.
- haikuports.cross contains the minimal set of build recipes to bootstrap a new Haiku architecture.
- haikuporter is the tool to create binary packages from build recipes. There is a "package-management" branch.
Pre-built images from the HaikuPM branch are available.