|Version 7 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Improvements since R1/Alpha 2
Haiku R1 Alpha 2 was released on May 10, 2010 as hrev36769 This page outlines some of the more notable changesets since then. Additions and corrections are encouraged.
- based on InfoPopper http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/infopopper
- still work-in-progress
- First part of ICMP support: this is based on the work by Ivo Vachkov (GSoC 2007), and Yin Qiu (GSoC 2008). And even though I needed to rewrite pretty much all of it because of the countless bugs and problems it had, it still shares the same architectural problems of introducing a domain dependent error mechanism to the upper layers, and needing the net_buffer::network_header hack. This I will rework later.
PAE & 64-bit
- PAE implemented, helps pave the way for 64-bit compatibility
- numerous changesets for making data structures and classes 64-bit safe
Creation of CorruptionFS
- hrev37247 and many others
- Test file systems for tracking down the file corruptions that still seem to occur in current revisions.
- zlib : hrev36780
- pci id's : hrev36774
- timezone data (tzdata2010i) : hrev36773
- acpi (acpica-unix-20100428) : hrev36867
- MIDI Soundfont Improvement : hrev37153
- GCC 4 updated to 4.4.4 (native GCC package needs to be refreshed)
- IPv6 -- GSoC : hrev37604
- Many changes from GSoC