|Version 7 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiku R1 Alpha 2 Release Addendum
While the Haiku Project strives for quality in official releases including alpha and betas, there will always be the chance of an unnoticed issue prior to release. This page serves to inform you any notable issues with the release and how to resolve them.
Installer fails on libwebcore.so
- Error Message: General System Error
- Reproduction: This seems to be caused through a certain combination of media and disc drives. During installation you may encounter a General System Error while copying libwebcore.so.
- Resolution (with no internet connection) : To remedy this you need to open the Terminal application and run the following command. It will temporarily remove WebPositive's libaries on the CD. To note, file modification on the LiveCD will not persist across reboots.
- Click [ Desktop (Live-CD) ]
- Click the Deskbar --> Applications --> Terminal
- Enter the following commands
rm -rf /boot/apps/WebPositive/lib/*.so Installer
- Once Haiku is installed, reboot into the installed partition and run the following command, which will install WebPositive
sftp requires libedit.so
- Error Message: runtime_loader: Cannot open file libedit.so.0: No such file or directory
- Reproduction: When
sftpis executed, it will fail to load.
- Resolution: The following commands will download and extract the needed dependencies.
wget http://haiku-files.org/files/optional-packages/libedit-20100424-r1a2-x86-gcc2-2010-05-10.zip unzip -d /boot libedit-20100424-r1a2-x86-gcc2-2010-05-10.zip rm libedit-20100424-r1a2-x86-gcc2-2010-05-10.zip