|Version 3 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Haiku R1 Alpha 3 Release Addendum
While the Haiku Project strives for quality in official releases including alpha and betas, there will always be the chance of an unnoticed issue prior to release. This page serves to inform you of any notable issues and how to resolve them.
NOTE: This is a placeholder page. As Haiku R1 Alpha 3 has not yet been released, there is no information. Check back at a later time.
Vision does not contain Freenode server settings
- Error Message: Upon launching Vision a "Setup Window" will display, requiring users to enter the freenode server information.
- Reproduction: Launch Vision.
- Resolution: To remedy this you need to open the Terminal application and run the following commands. It will download a settings file for Vision. Afterwards, simply launch Vision and select "Freenode" from the drop down selection list and press "Connect".
mkdir -p /boot/home/config/settings/Vision cd /boot/home/config/settings/Vision wget -O VisionSettings http://ports.haiku-files.org/svn/haikuports/trunk/haiku-apps/vision/VisionSettings
command line applications fail on SSL secured sites
- Error Message: ERROR: cannot verify <host>'s certificate, issued by `/C....':
git clone https://....
- Resolution: The following commands will symlink the certificates file into the correct location.
ln -sf /boot/common/ssl/certs/cacert.pem /boot/common/data/cert.pem