An issue after new scheduler merging
|Reported by:||Giova84||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
First of all: I started to use TOR (the onion router) on Haiku about one two years ago, continuosly, without issue.
Well, since the changes in the Haiku's scheduler i noticed an issue: randomly, tor, starts to peg one cpu core (in ProcessController I can see tor that occupy 100% one core of my cpu). This issue occurs very randomly (sometimes occurs continuosly and sometimes occurs also after some days or more) and in a very unpredictable way. I also tried to recompile a freshly version of tor, but this issue still occurs. In anyway seems that I've found an workaround to avoid this issue: I start tor through a shell script invoking "renice -b 1" and "ulimit", to attempt to reduce the cpu usage of the process. For now, using this script, are ten days that I no longer see this issue. I also reported this issue on the tor bug tracker: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13513 . As suggested by tor's team I open this ticket on Haiku's bugtracker. In anyway I currently running also a machine with Haiku Alpha 4, and this trouble never appeared.
Currently I don't have a syslog with this issue: i will provide a syslog whenever and if I see this issue again.