Package sets can get into a valid but un-activatable state.
|Reported by:||kallisti5||Owned by:||nobody|
I've seen this issue a few times on long-running Haiku machines which get upgraded once every few weeks to the "current" package set.
- pkgman upgrade to hrev51174
- reboot. uname -a shows hrev51174
- pkgman upgrade to hrev51248
- pkgman upgrade to hrev51365
- reboot. Notice uname -a shows hrev51174 still.
It appears the latest activation set is invalid in some way which prevents it from being activated at boot. It appears Haiku is booting from an older "last valid" package set.