userland tries to clone random (?) kernel areas
|Reported by:||ttcoder||Owned by:||leavengood|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
KERN: PANIC: attempting to clone kernel area "acpi_physical_mem_area" (281)!
- Just had another continuable "attempting to clone kernel area "acpi_physical_mem_area"
- Coming on the heels of "attempting to clone kernel area "dpc: normal priority_14_kstack" a few days ago in ticket:14266#comment:9
Second time I managed to reproduce this KDL, in 6 or 7 cold boots; so probably worth filing a ticket.
Steps that work for me:
- boot to a USB stick installed with hrev52539
- And then, as quickly as possible,
- right-click net replicant, select liveb net
- paste password, enter
- wait 2-3 seconds
This time I remembered to "dis" at the KDL prompt. Seems the first dis disassembled the commpage stuff, which is probably not that useful; so I looked for the media kit code instead. See below.
Not sure wether to file against kernel or wifi or hda?