Realtek S1220A No Optical Out , no FP header audio out either.
|Reported by:||mpxlbs||Owned by:||korli|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
Asus Prime X370-Pro, audio works with simple 3.5mm jack out the back, but not in the front panel. I use Optical out, which is also included, but there's no sound coming out.
Info about the codec
Realtek® S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input (Line-in)
- Front panel audio connector (AAFP)
Audio Feature :
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity