HaikuDepot freezes if initially launched with no network
|Reported by:||nyanpasu64||Owned by:||apl-haiku|
- Start up a Haiku disk (or new USB install) with no network access.
- Launch HaikuDepot. The progress bar gets stuck at 25%
- Try to close the program. It freezes.
Dragging the window around will move the contents, dragging other windows over it will leave a trail. In Team Monitor, trying to quit the application will not work, only kill will.
If you re-run the program (still with no network), it will not crash. Instead you get the "data to be outdated to missing" warning. I feel this dialog box is very wordy, rambling, and unclear as to what went wrong (package list update failed). And it refers you to check the user guide (not providing a URL) to find out where the logs are located.
If you connect the network, reload packages, unplug cable, and reboot, running the program will still not crash. I haven't tested what happens if you don't connect the network but reboot.
- haiku-r1beta2-hrev54154_111-x86_64-anyboot.iso on Core 2 Duo laptop
- haiku-r1beta2-hrev54154_111-x86_64-anyboot.iso on VirtualBox
- haiku-master-hrev54365-x86_64-anyboot.iso on VirtualBox