Original and translation can be different -> Relax parsing
|Reported by:||humdinger||Owned by:||VinDuv|
See also on docs mailing list, topic Important XML parsing changes needed.
Certain aspects of a translation must be able to differ to the original:
- <a>: The "title="description" has to be translatable
- <a>: The "href="URL" has to be translatable at least for external links
- <i>,<b>: Addittional/fewer tags for emphasizing
- <br />: Additional/fewer line breaks
- & &: Additional/fewer &-symbols
-  : Additional/fewer non-breaking-spaces
- © © copyright-symbol
- ® ® registered-symbol
- ™ ™ tm-symbol
- – – n-size dash
- — — m-size dash
- … … ellipses...
Besides & and , those entities could also be inserted as regular Unicode chars. A drop-down menu for inserting would be helpful if that road were taken. (Or even in general, to insert the &xyz; instead of the Unicode char...)
It's relatively seldom used, so the "How to insert?" isn't that important than the "We have to be able to use more/less of them than there are in the original text".
As it's a bit more important than other tickets, esp. concerning linking to localized external sites, I gave this ticket a prio=high.