Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#5257 closed bug (fixed)

Mail Daemon didn't found the "New mail notification" file

Reported by: miqlas Owned by: stippi
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Servers/mail_daemon Version: R1/Development
Keywords: New mail notification Cc: bga
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: no Platform: x86

Description

I'm using the hrev35081 gcc2hybrid Haiku. I set up my mail account (gmail) in MailDaemon, but when i check the emails, i got an error massage: Cannot open file /boot/system/add-ons/mail_daemon/system_filters/New mail notification: No such file or directory

I checked this dir, and found the required file, but it have uppercase name (New mail Notification). I renamed this file, and everything working now.

Attachments (1)

5257.patch (1.4 KB) - added by anevilyak 10 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by anevilyak

I'm guessing this was broken in the recent sentence casing patches.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by anevilyak

Owner: changed from bga to stippi
Status: newassigned

Changed 10 years ago by anevilyak

Attachment: 5257.patch added

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by anevilyak

Cc: bga added

From a quick look, it seems MDR currently loads the filter/add-on graph for a given account based on names...seemingly the naming changes with respect to sentence case also mean it looks for the add-ons with the same case. 5257.patch as attached theoretically fixes it by updating the Jamfiles to use the new case for the add-on as well, but I think MDR should probably be using a less fragile mechanism for finding/loading them.

comment:4 Changed 10 years ago by anevilyak

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Fixed in hrev35130.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.