Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#5908 closed enhancement (fixed)

CodyCam localization patch

Reported by: Karvjorm Owned by: mmu_man
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Applications/CodyCam Version: R1/alpha1
Keywords: CodyCam localization patch Cc: Karvjorm
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: yes Platform: All

Description

Here is a localization patch for CodyCam application.

Attachments (2)

codycamLocalization.patch (49.9 KB) - added by Karvjorm 9 years ago.
A localization patch for CodyCam application
codycamLocalization.2.patch (36.0 KB) - added by Karvjorm 9 years ago.
A fixed localization patch for CodyCam application.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (11)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Karvjorm

Oops, I did not remember to localize GetReadText(), GetLReadText(), and GetReplyText() in header file. I will update this patch.

Changed 9 years ago by Karvjorm

Attachment: codycamLocalization.patch added

A localization patch for CodyCam application

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by Karvjorm

OK, now this patch is updated.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by stippi

I am really not sure about translating all the debugging messages (LOOP(), INFO(), ERROR(), etc). I think it's better to revert this part of the patch. I am not even sure about translating regular terminal output, since it will make it harder for anyone to perform a Google query on an error message. But I can understand if those are translated. However, debugging messages that only a programmer should see are really too much. They just bloat the catalogs.

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by Karvjorm

I can fix those debug messages but just tonight I have theater tickets and can concentrate this one first tomorrow.

Changed 9 years ago by Karvjorm

Attachment: codycamLocalization.2.patch added

A fixed localization patch for CodyCam application.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by Karvjorm

Here is a fix for CodyCam localization patch (it is updated now). But there are some problems: I have used B_TRANSLATE macros, but my development environment is not up-to-date and here I have defined macros explicitly. They should be removed before commit (and testing, I hope).

Also, I actually do not known how to compile the working application (specially with my not-up-to-date environment) and I have simply tested .cpp files by this way:

g++ -c -I/Blank_BFS/haiku/src/apps/codycam/ CodyCam.cpp

Also, I have still implemented some stderr messages, specially those seen in the ftp-wiew, because I suppose, that users need information about failure with her/his own language.

br, Karvjorm

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by nielx

Has a Patch: unset

comment:7 Changed 9 years ago by nielx

Has a Patch: set

comment:8 Changed 9 years ago by stippi

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Applied in hrev36850. You gotta watch out for static initializations of strings. Those would happen before loading the app catalog and thus crash. See my changes to CodyCam.h and CodyCam.cpp (perhaps not ideal, since they would need to be kept in sync).

comment:9 Changed 9 years ago by diver

There is a lot of debug output which is localized now, I think this part should be reverted.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.