DriveSetup install problem
|Reported by:||oxoocoffee||Owned by:||stippi|
|Keywords:||Unknown Partition Type||Cc:|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||x86|
DriveSetup fails to setup proper partition. System Setup: Shuttle X27D Atom with 300Gb SATA drive.
Here are steps:
- Boot to safe mode and enable fail safe video
- Continue Booting
- In Drive Setup select "/dev/dis/ata/0/master/raw" not the <empty> option
- Go to Partition and select Initialize->Be File System. Create option is grayed out.
- Mount Partition - Volume Name Haiku, Mounted @ /Haiku1 298.09 GiB
- Exit Drive Setup
- Choose mounted partition "Onto: " - Haiku - 298.09 GiB
- Press Begin.
- After installation is done reboot.
- On reboot I get prompted with Haiku boot loader not finding the partition.
- Try to reinstall again this time DriveSetup shows that 39 GiB partition is created with Unknown Type 0x5f and rest is <empty>
Attached console output is from such machine. The only thin is that when enabling "console output" and fail safe video mode console output is produced but VESA driver is not activated (screen freezes the same way as fail safe would not be activated - Intel gfx problem)