Opened 14 years ago

Closed 14 years ago

Last modified 14 years ago

#74 closed bug (fixed)

Clock application can't find its executable with FindApp()

Reported by: jackburton Owned by: bonefish
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: - General Version:
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: no Platform: All

Description

BRoster::FindApp() doesn't work (at least in the Clock application, which calls the "status_t FindApp(const char *type, entry_ref *app) const" version with an application signature). It returns B_APPLICATION_NOT_FOUND. This causes clock not to be able to find its resources, and used to work some time ago (can't tell how much, though). I tried to track down the bug but failed. Assigning to Ingo who should know that stuff as he wrote it.

Change History (12)

comment:1 by bonefish, 14 years ago

Status: newassigned

comment:2 by jackburton, 14 years ago

Looks like the "BEOS:APPSIG" attribute is missing from Clock (and from any other application): listattr only shows BEOS:TYPE and BEOS:APP_VERSION. I tried adding the BEOS:APPSIG attribute to clock (with addattr) and the FindApp() call in the clock app started working. In which place are those attributes added ?

comment:3 by bonefish, 14 years ago

Resolution: fixed

comment:4 by bonefish, 14 years ago

Fixed in revision 16130.

comment:5 by bonefish, 14 years ago

Status: assignedclosed

comment:6 by jackburton, 14 years ago

Reopening, because, although icons are now shown correctly in tracker and deskbar (wasn't happening before, it's a sign that attributes are added correctly), Clock still doesn't find its resources, and FindApp() still returns B_APPLICATION_NOT_FOUND. Also renaming bug. Seems to happen only if haiku isn't built under beos.

comment:7 by jackburton, 14 years ago

Resolution: fixed

comment:8 by jackburton, 14 years ago

Status: closedreopened
Summary: BRoster::FindApp() doesn't workClock application can't find its executable with FindApp()

comment:9 by bonefish, 14 years ago

Status: reopenedclosed

comment:10 by bonefish, 14 years ago

create_app_meta_mime() wasn't working correctly. This wasn't a Linux build only related problem though. Fixed in revision 16163.

comment:11 by bonefish, 14 years ago

Resolution: fixed

comment:12 by jackburton, 14 years ago

Thanks Ingo for all the work!

Closing bug...

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.