Applications needs to be restared after new IP from DHCP
|Reported by:||deejam||Owned by:||axeld|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
When a new IP address has been issued by a DHCP server, the running applications lose their network connectivity and needs to be restarted. Ping is not affected. WebPositive, wget, Visions etc are affected.
How to reproduce:
- Connect to a DHCP server that issues a new IP on DHCP_RELEASE/DHCP_DISCOVER (DD-WRT v24-sp2 does that).
- Launch WebPositive and load a web page.
- Unplug network cable.
- Plug network cable.
- Check syslog and make sure that you got a different IP address.
- Reload the web page in WebPositive (won't load).
- Restart WebPositive. Load a web page (will load).
WebPositive should be able to load web pages after a new IP address has been obtained without being restarted.
See #7380 for a description of the problem and log files.
See #7346 for the reason why a new DHCP address is obtained.
hrev40991 GCC2 Hybrid.