Media playback slow and choppy if network device is enabled
|Reported by:||dcatt||Owned by:||nobody|
I have noticed with Haiku Alpha 3 that media playback (e.g., audio OR video) is slow and choppy if my network device is enabled (connected to the network or not). Someone in the forums suggested I should try a nightly build, so I did via running in live desktop mode and I still experience the issue.
OS Version: R1/alpha3 (Revision 42211) & haiku-nightly-hrev44318-x86gcc2hybrid (2012-07-11)
- CPU: AMD Athlon XP (1.15 GHz)
- Memory: 1024 MB (PC133 SD-RAM)
- Network Device: RT2500 802.11g (Ralink corp.)
- Sound Device: VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller (Via Technologies)
Steps to Reproduce
- enable network device
- playback a media file (audio OR video) using the MediaPlayer
- observe that the playback is slow and choppy
- disable the network device
- observe that the playback is normal
Expected Results: I would expect media playback to be normal regardless if any other device is enabled or not.
Actual Results: If the network device is enabled, then media playback is slow and choppy.