Enumerating interfaces hangs in kernel on first boot in safe mode
|Reported by:||mmadia||Owned by:||anevilyak|
|Component:||Network & Internet/Stack||Version:||R1/alpha4|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
As mentioned in 9128#comment:7, NetworkStatus is capable of locking Deskbar when net_server is not running.
While thinking of the various combinations isFirstBoot, isReadOnly, isSafeMode along with what the user may do in those scenarios (e.g., boot CD into safemode and install to a writable device vs. dd anyboot to a USB stick and do a first boot into safemode, as Haiku didn't fully boot in normal mode), the most complete solution I can think of is to modify NetworkStatus to gracefully install itself into Deskbar when net_server is not present.
Perhaps a new network status icon could be made to indicate the lack of net_server? Or would that qualify as kNetworkStatusNoConnection?
Change History (13)
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by anevilyak
- Component changed from Applications/NetworkStatus to Kits/Network Kit
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Must be able to install itself in Deskbar w/o net_server running. to Enumerating interfaces hangs in kernel on first boot in safe mode
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by anevilyak
- Component changed from Kits/Network Kit to Network & Internet/Stack
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by anevilyak
- Owner changed from axeld to anevilyak
- Status changed from assigned to in-progress