Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

#9198 closed bug (fixed)

Localization data bind into app resource loaded incorrectly

Reported by: siarzhuk Owned by: pulkomandy
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Kits/Locale Kit Version: R1/Development
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking: #9142
Platform: All


The problem observed with KeymapSwitcher (build 15 Nov 2012) available at the following link:

In this version we decided to switch using localization catalogs in the application resources. As result on clean system with default English locale we observe that Finnish locale was loaded for Settings dialog and replicant context menu. That is wrong - English locale data should be used instead of Finnish. We have checked resources of this application with ResEdit and found that all catalogs are stored in it but English catalog is absent. We have also checked make file and it looks like English data were requested to bind as all other:

/Sources/keymapswitcher> make -f app.makefile bindcatalogs

for lc in be bg cs de en fi ro ru sv uk; \
do linkcatkeys -o objects.x86-gcc4-release/KeymapSwitcher \
     -s x-vnd.Nexus-KeymapSwitcher -tr -l $lc locales/$lc.catkeys; \

I think it is a kind of space optimization avoiding English catalog in the app resources. But it unfortunately fails to work correctly. :-(

But non-English localizations are loaded perfectly for system locales that have corresponding catalogs in resources: Belarusian, Russian, Ukrainian, German etc.

Note that adding separate catalog files to /boot/common/data/locale/catalogs/<mime name>/ workarounds this issue completely - all is displayed in English.

Change History (1)

comment:1 by siarzhuk, 8 years ago

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

Fixed in hrev44894. Thank you!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.