|Version 41 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),|
These are the TODO items for the Haiku Package Management.
- If necessary, add a caching mechanism to speed up mounting it.
- Complete support for extracting and updating settings files: Merge support and user feedback are still missing.
- Add user notification/interaction support for initial verification (on start-up).
- Support packages being copied to the
packagesdirectory. Currently only moving works.
- Define packaging guidelines and create a tool to check packages against those.
- Status: Here's the wiki page defining the policy. It's still a work in progress. haikuporter has some policy checking built in already.
- Add distribution update support.
- Implement a GUI package manager.
- Safe mode/recovery options:
- Disable home and common.
- Boot into old system state.
Package/package repository format
- Add localization support.
- Add support for repository keys (public/private) and package signing/check sums, so that it is possible to verify that data retrieved from a repository have not been tampered with.
- Add MIME directory watching to registrar, so it can update the MIME DB caches when packages are de-/activated.
- Get rid of post_install scripts. Do that in the build system.
- Get rid of UserBootscript. Start the scripts in "~/config/settings/boot/launch" from Bootscript instead.
- Update Installer.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.