|Version 7 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
Package Management TODO
- Prepare for use in a chroot environment. Currently it resolves the package directory path in the kernel I/O context.
- Support packages being copied to the
packagesdirectory. Currently only moving works.
- Solve node removal issues. A currently executing program should not crash and burn when its package is removed.
- Provide information about active packages to the tools that need it (e.g. the package solver).
- Implement query support.
- If necessary, add a caching mechanism to speed up mounting it.
- Build system:
- Before creating packages (e.g. the user guide), all files must be identified, since packagefs is read-only.
- Make the
updatefeature of the build system usable again. Currently for anything in the
haiku.hpkgpackage the whole package has to be rebuilt, which takes a rather long time.
- Package building:
- Work on tools to build Haiku packages in a clean chroot environment.
- Define packaging guidelines and create a tool to check packages those.
- Adjust build "recipes" for HaikuPorts packages as needed and build the packages.
- Package kit/manager:
- Implement the package solver (as Oliver proposed based on libsatsolver).
- Extend the package kit and the (CLI) package manager to support adding, removing, and updating packages. That probably also involves work on a server-side (i.e. repository) part.
- Implement a GUI package manager.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.