The main purposes of HaikuDepotServer are to let maintainers and users:
- list and search available packages (by filtering the list by categories and/or search terms).
- add additional information about a package such as screen shots and icons to show up in HaikuDepot.
- add and translate certain package information.
- upload user ratings and comments.
- _devel packages do not get assigned to a category unless its main sibling package is itself categorized (i.e., not a library).
- Library packages do not get assigned to a category unless they contain an application that serves a purpose other than supporting the library itself, in which case it gets assigned to the System and Utilities category.
- _debuginfo packages, game data packages and the ca_root_certificate package do not get assigned to a category.
- Only GUI application packages should have their titles localized and _$arch suffixes removed.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.