usb_disk + installer causes system instability/KDL
|Reported by:||netster403||Owned by:||mmlr|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
1) First I setup my flash disk as the following layout: (nice and simple)
Disk /dev/sdb: 513 MB, 513802240 bytes 16 heads, 62 sectors/track, 1011 cylinders Units = cylinders of 992 * 512 = 507904 bytes Disk identifier: 0x8078cf73
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdb1 * 1 1011 501425 eb BeOS fs
2) edited VMX to enable usb
3) let the system to boot fully.
4) attach usb drive in vmware
5) Run Drive setup, initialize haiku partition as HaikuDisk, blocksize 2048. Everything ok so far.
6) mount "HaikuDisk"
7) run Haiku installer
8) Installer begins to copy files
9) The first time I tried this I got a kernel panic, i didn't capture a backtrace (me==dumb) The second time I did this the tracker locked up and went off to zombie land.
10) Serial logs show....
bfs: Replay log, disk was not correctly unmounted... bfs: replay block run 0:1:1 in log at 18! bfs: replay block run 0:9:1 in log at 19! bfs: replay block run 0:2065:1 in log at 20! bfs: replay block run 0:2066:1 in log at 21! bfs: replay block run 0:2098:1 in log at 22! bfs: replay block run 0:2099:1 in log at 23! bfs: replay block run 0:2131:1 in log at 24! bfs: replay block run 0:2132:1 in log at 25! bfs: replay block run 0:2164:1 in log at 26! bfs: replay block run 0:2165:1 in log at 27! bfs: replay block run 8:0:1 in log at 28! bfs: replay block run 8:1:1 in log at 29! bfs: mounted "HaikuDisk" (root node at 131072, device = /dev/disk/usb/0/0/0) bfs: bfs_stat_index:1945: No such file or directory SCSI_DSK -- synchronize_cache: usb_disk: sending or receiving of the data failed usb_disk: write fails with 0xffffffff usb_disk: command status wrapper is not valid
See attachments for full serial logs and screenshot.
Thanks! The new USB_disk stack is great though :D
Change History (19)
comment:8 by , 11 years ago
|Summary:||usb_disk + installer causes system instability. → usb_disk + installer causes system instability/KDL|