Haiku has trouble to connect to some webservers
|Reported by:||HaiColon||Owned by:||axeld|
|Component:||Network & Internet||Version:||R1/pre-alpha1|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||x86|
I noticed this with YouTube.com and Schnoogle.com
YouTube works every few minutes for a few minutes (sometimes only for a few seconds), then Youtube doesn't load anymore in BeZilla. It's not a problem with BeZilla though, other programs aren't able to connect to YouTube as well when this happens. I also tried pinging YouTube when this happens and every package is displayed as lost.
On Schnoogle (a fanfiction website), when reading a fanfic, sometimes only a blank page is displayed, sometimes nearly the whole website is loaded but a portion at the bottom is missing, sometimes half the site is missing from the bottom. I saw this with YouTube too but only once. Some parts of the website were there but the part where all the content is, the list of videos etc, was missing, even after reloading a few times.
This happens to me on two completely different computers with different network cards. One has Haiku installed on the harddisk, the other has Haiku running in VMware, so it's not a hardware problem.
I tried opening the YouTube website on Linux at the same time when I saw in VMware that YouTube didn't work anymore in Haiku. On Linux it worked without problems while at the same time on Haiku it still didn't work so it's not a problem with my internet connection either but seems to be a problem with Haiku. Other websites, for example Google.com, work when YouTube doesn't. So it's not that the network connection would break down completely, this is limited to certain websites.
So I guess the problem lies somwhere with networking in Haiku in general. It doesn't look like it has something to do with drivers since this happened on two completely different network cards who should be using different drivers. The Network card in the computer which I have installed Haiku on has a 3COM network card and VMware emulates an IPRO1000 card.
I first noticed this about three or four days ago. I build Haiku from SVN once every day. I usually don't visit the YouTube website that often (only for the last week or so I've been on there daily) so maybe I just didn't notice it before.
I'll attach the syslog from my version of Haiku running in VMware (hrev30417). It's freshly built and the syslog is from a couple of minutes after this error happened again (with YouTube). Don't know if this helps.