ATA locks up on the EeePC
|Reported by:||axeld||Owned by:||mmlr|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||x86|
When trying to boot using the new ATA stack (but from USB), the system locks up. I've investigated the issue a bit, but didn't get far before my only USB stick (128 MB!) died (obviously doesn't like being completely rewritten that often).
Anyway, when I added some debug output in on-screen-debug-output-mode, I noticed the system could sometimes boot. In fact, adding a spin(10000) at various locations in ATAChannel::Reset() (within the for loop) solved the issue. I'll buy a new stick on Monday, and see if I can find out more.
In the mean time, maybe someone knowing the specs has an idea :-)
In any case, the system seems to work fine when booting with IDE DMA off, but maybe that was just luck.