Opened 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#4908 in-progress bug

Oddness in new mail query result window

Reported by: humdinger Owned by: aldeck
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Applications/Tracker Version: R1/Development
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: no Platform: All

Description

This is hrev33893.

First off, I didn't experience the following with hrev33755 that I've used for some time before my latest update.

  • Open mail_daemons New-Mail query from the Deskbar symbol.
  • Wait for new mail to arrive.

Every once in a while, new mail appears in the result window with a missing "Status", displaying "-" instead of "New". These mails cannot be opened, a right-click "Open With..." says "no supporting apps".

The file doesn't seem to exist and resides in a funny folder. A listattr when I drag this file from the result window into Terminal results in this output:

listattr /HiQ-Data/mail/googlemail/in/Downloading\ \(Humdinger:\ 2\)...
listattr: initialization failed for "/HiQ-Data/mail/googlemail/in/Downloading (Humdinger: 2)...": No such file or directory

There normally is no "Downloading" folder in my /HiQ-Data/mail/googlemail/in/.

By contrast, this is the listattr of another, albeit correctly working mail:

listattr /HiQ-Data/mail/googlemail/in/\[haiku-commits\]\ r33914\ -\ haiku_trunk_src_apps_debugger_dwarf\ 20091106165943\ Rene\ Gollent
File: /HiQ-Data/mail/googlemail/in/[haiku-commits] r33914 - haiku_trunk_src_apps_debugger_dwarf 20091106165943 Rene Gollent
        Type       Size  Name                                
----------------------------------------------------------
 MIME String        13  "BEOS:TYPE"
        Text        24  "MAIL:unique_id"
        Text        10  "MAIL:account"
      Int-32         4  "MAIL:chain"
      Int-32         4  "MAIL:content_length"
        Text        28  "MAIL:to"
        Text        35  "MAIL:from"
      'TIME'         4  "MAIL:when"
        Text        28  "MAIL:reply"
        Text        65  "MAIL:subject"
        Text         4  "MAIL:mime"
        Text        61  "MAIL:thread"
        Text        13  "MAIL:name"
      'SIZT'         4  "MAIL:fullsize"
        Text         4  "MAIL:status"

301 bytes total in attributes.

Closing the query result window and re-initiating the query works.

Change History (3)

comment:1 by axeld, 10 years ago

Component: Servers/mail_serverApplications/Tracker
Owner: changed from bga to aldeck

Which makes this a Tracker bug, obviously. I let Alexandre deal with it, in the hope he'll finally nail it. I guess it has to do with the zombie node revival which obviously doesn't work well.

Ingo suggested that we should add a BQuery flag that starts monitoring a node in the moment you are notified, so there is no race condition anymore in following that node.

comment:2 by humdinger, 10 years ago

OK. Sorry, one day I'll succeed in choosing the right Trac component... :)

comment:3 by aldeck, 10 years ago

Status: newassigned
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.