HVIF Icon Oddities
|Reported by:||RandomInsano||Owned by:||nobody|
Description (last modified by )
Was checking out the new icons submitted recently. Seems there are a few issues with HVIF icons in general, or at least their use in the OS:
- HVIF mime type needed (if that's not regulated by some higher governing body)
- Have the scrapers properly identify straight HVIF icons as images
- Allow file icons to be set using the filetype preflet.
- Allow icons to be set from an icon file
- Make dragging and dropping in the filetype preflet work. Seems the target is droppable.
There may be underlying reasons why some of this hasn't been done. maybe I misunderstand the use of the mime type preflet. If that's the case, maybe we need to think about how to make the preflet's use clearer for end users.