HVIF Icon Oddities
|Reported by:||RandomInsano||Owned by:||nobody|
Description (last modified by )
Was checking out the new icons submitted recently. Seems there are a few issues with HVIF icons in general, or at least their use in the OS:
- HVIF mime type needed (if that's not regulated by some higher governing body)
- Have the scrapers properly identify straight HVIF icons as images
- Allow file icons to be set using the filetype preflet.
- Allow icons to be set from an icon file
- Make dragging and dropping in the filetype preflet work. Seems the target is droppable.
There may be underlying reasons why some of this hasn't been done. maybe I misunderstand the use of the mime type preflet. If that's the case, maybe we need to think about how to make the preflet's use clearer for end users.
Change History (5)
comment:2 by , 11 years ago
|Component:||- General → Preferences/FileTypes|