Opened 8 years ago

Last modified 10 months ago

#7790 new bug

Rendering Issues with VESA driver

Reported by: Prognoz Owned by: nobody
Priority: normal Milestone: R1
Component: Drivers/Graphics Version: R1/alpha3
Keywords: Cc:
Blocked By: Blocking:
Has a Patch: no Platform: All

Description

Sometimes seems that the screen is not updated correctly, just partially, and some glitches appears. If i move the window application forcing the refresh of the screen the problem disappear. I've tested with a nightly build from 18 June and i couldn't replicate the problem. Also i tested this on a VM and running from the live CD and happened on both cases.

Attachments (4)

Screenshot 48.png (113.4 KB) - added by Prognoz 8 years ago.
Screenshot 51.png (81.6 KB) - added by Prognoz 8 years ago.
Screenshot 50.png (81.3 KB) - added by Prognoz 8 years ago.
glteapot.png (24.1 KB) - added by Prognoz 10 months ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

Changed 8 years ago by Prognoz

Attachment: Screenshot 48.png added

Changed 8 years ago by Prognoz

Attachment: Screenshot 51.png added

Changed 8 years ago by Prognoz

Attachment: Screenshot 50.png added

comment:1 Changed 10 months ago by waddlesplash

Still an issue? Also, that looks more like an app_server problem than VESA, but I could be wrong.

Changed 10 months ago by Prognoz

Attachment: glteapot.png added

comment:2 Changed 10 months ago by Prognoz

A really long time passed since i reported this, so i don't remember exactly what i tested. I installed again the last nightly build on VirtualBox and i still encounter some rendering issues. I'm not sure why i said it was a VESA driver issue, but i think that i tested with other driver and that particular issue was not present.

What i can easily see failing one of the things i posted 7 years ago: GL Teapot if i stop the teapot rotation ( stops refreshing the framebuffer ), and i move the mouse over, the mouse rectangle fills the framebuffer with black ( it looks like if the GL framebuffer were the frontbuffer ). Wonderbrush also failed in a similar way but i can't reproduce it again.

I don't think this issue should be still open, i will probably make more sense just to open an issue with the GL Teapot error.

Thanks.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.