DriveSetup can not format partition on QEMU qcow2 disk (hrev45480 gcc2h)
|Reported by:||tidux||Owned by:||stippi|
|Has a Patch:||no||Platform:||All|
Steps to reproduce:
- Create 8GB qcow2 image with qemu-img
- Boot KVM with hrev45480 gcc2h anyboot as virtual CD and 8GB qcow2 as HDD
- Run DriveSetup, and initialize HDD with Intel or GUID Partition Map
- Create partition filling virtual drive
- Attempt to format as BeFS
This will pop up an alert saying "Could not write to disk: General system error."
I attempted to blank the MBR with dd to clear out whatever might have been causing the problem (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk/atapi/1/raw bs=512 count=1), but the return message from dd said that it wrote 0 bytes.